YouthSight was commissioned by Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) to investigate the views and opinions of applicants, students and graduates surrounding two key areas:
- Attitudes towards master’s study and the terms of a proposed postgraduate loan
- Views and opinions on teaching quality in higher education from applicants and graduates
Postgraduate master's study and the terms of a proposed postgraduate loan
This survey focused on:
- motivations and barriers to postgraduate master’s study
- perceptions about the terms of the proposed loan
- potential response to the loan including hypothetical and current loan take up behaviour
Key findings shed light on the main motivation to study PGT Masters was for 'more career opportunities', with the main barrier to study being the cost of tuition fees.
Teaching quality in higher education
This survey collected the views and opinions on teaching quality in higher education from applicants and graduates. This survey was similar to the student teaching quality research that YouthSight undertake annually for HEPI.